Next Steps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions

2 posters

Go down

Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions Empty Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions

Post by charmaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:06 pm

DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need.

Here's how it works: public school teachers from every corner of
America post classroom project requests on DonorsChoose.org. Requests
range from pencils for a poetry writing unit, to violins for a school recital, to microscope slides for a biology class.

Then, you can browse project requests and give any amount to the one
that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, we deliver
the materials to the school.

You'll get photos of your project taking place, a thank-you letter
from the teacher, and a cost report showing how each dollar was spent.
If you give over $100, you'll also receive hand-written thank-you
letters from the students.

At DonorsChoose.org, you can give as little as $1 and get the same
level of choice, transparency, and feedback that is traditionally
reserved for someone who gives millions. We call it citizen philanthropy.

charmaine

Back to top Go down

Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions Empty Re: Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions

Post by charmaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Most of you probably know Donorschoose.org is one of my favorite directed giving charities. I have grown fond of the thank you packages that I have received over the last couple of years.

It is April and that means that TomatoNation is at it again and having a contest to see if the readership and recruits can raise $250,000 in projects and win some prizes along the way.

In that spirit, I have recruited teachers that post on FB, friends, family, and pretty much anyone who would give input , to help make a giving page to use during this challenge. It is the You Say to-mat-to; I Say Tom-ah-to Giving Page. Any donations made to this page during the month of April will go towards the lofty goal of $250,000, it is doable, we accomplished nearly $400,000 last year, and that is a lot of pencils, books, etc! After you have made your donation forward the email receipt you receive to bunting@tomatonation.com to be entered in the drawing for daily prizes!

Easy!!! Any questions, just ask.

There has been a kivafriends giving page that I set up over a year ago and has done very well, if there is any interest here I would be more than happy to have suggestions of project additions, or share the giving page here.

charmaine

Back to top Go down

Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions Empty Re: Donorschoose.org News, Updates, Announcements and Discussions

Post by Tigger34 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Charmaine,

I think DonorsChoose definitely posts and supports worthwhile projects (for students and teachers).

Some people may not have easy access to the giving page (mentioned in your post). Therefore I think it would be beneficial to have a link to the giving page here on this forum.
Tigger34
Tigger34
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charmaine Thu May 12, 2011 6:40 am

It is linked in the above message but here is the link http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/viewChallenge.html?id=155170&category=241&max=50

As I was DC surfing this morning after taking the last 12 days off after the completion of the TomatoNation contest, I found this:

http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=485675 this teacher sure inspired me reading her project and comments.

charmaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down